Authoring interactive identification keys in SCAN – an introduction
Most recent update: February 26, 2014.
SCAN has activated the module for authoring interactive identification keys, even though the keys themselves are not yet live for potential users. In what follows some of the basic interfaces and practices for authoring keys are introduced. Prospective SCAN members interested in preparing keys individually or in collaboration should contact Nico Franz.
Some relevant links:
- SCAN homepage
- Key character creation & editing
- Creating key character headings
- Coding characters – mass updating
- Coding characters for a specific checklist
- Arthropods of North America Checklist